(Makes: approx. 12)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 125g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 300g flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- As many milk chocolate chips as you wish!
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.
- Put both the brown and white sugars into a bowl.
- Pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together.
- Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy.
- Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until it is all mixed together, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough into an round icecream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet.
- The cookies need to be about 5cm apart, so they don’t join together when they bake.
- Bake for 15–17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on wire racks.
- And enjoy with a lovely hot chocolate!