Well, what a rollercoaster of a ride 2016 turned out to be! It had its ups and it certainly had its downs, but if you blinked you might have missed it! Through all of the negatives there were quite a few positive and enjoyable moments to my year…
I went on a trip to the Isle of Wight with my boyfriend and his family, which was really enjoyable. I’ve never been there before, so it was really exciting to see all of the island. Luckily the weather was great too, so we got to spend some time down by the beach. Summer came around and I decided to start this blog, which has been really fun to do. Writing these blogs is like writing a diary, I can look back on all the exciting things that I’ve done in years to come.
We also gained a family member this year in the form of a puppy, called Harley. I can’t believe we have only had him for just over 6 months, it feels like he has been with us forever, and I can’t imagine life without him now. Getting Harley has definitely been one of the top moments of 2016.
V Festival was such an amazing experience and I really hope to go again one day, hopefully the weather will be better next time though! My 20th birthday then rolled around, and I spent the day celebrating in Brighton, on the hottest day of the year! We had a walk around the lanes, had a nice meal and went on the i360. September was also the month where I embarked on my journey to Canterbury Christ Church University to study Media & Communications. So far I’m really enjoying my time here, there may be quite a lot of work, but I’m slowly getting used to this and getting along well so far.
In October I finally had my long awaited knee operation! I have had a bad knee for about 4 years now, but only got referred for an MRI scan in May. The scan results showed that there was a tear in the cartilage which meant it needed to be operated on. I didn’t have the best experience with my operation, as me, blood, needles, or anything hospital related don’t go well together. Thankfully the operation all went well and I am now able to walk without pain! Hooray!!!!! But I would not like to go through that again, having injections for two weeks straight after was not an enjoyable experience in the slightest, but I am grateful that I’m up and well again. Myself and Connor also celebrated our 2 year anniversary in October, and celebrated with a meal at Bella Italia 🙂
Overall my 2016 didn’t shape up to be that bad after all, however I do hope to do and achieve much more in 2017. So here are some of my goals I’m setting, and hopefully at the end of the year I’ll look back and see if anything worked out.
- Sounds cliché, but I really want to lose some weight and get fit this year. Now my knee isn’t painful I should be able to exercise more this year and hopefully get the body of my dreams.
- Look after my skin. I currently have a terrible skincare routine, and want to take more care of my skin so hopefully I’ll have to worry less about spots and dry skin.
- Travel more. I doubt this one will happen that much due to money, work and university, but it’s nice to dream.
- Do well in university. I’m really hoping to achieve at least a 2:1 this year, so far it’s going well, but I need to keep up the good work and continue to work hard to achieve this.
- Spend more time with the family and friends, and less time on my phone. I spend every spare second of my day looking through my social media pages, it’s slowly becoming an addiction. I really need to learn to put the phone or laptop down and have a real-life conversation.
- A little contradictory to the last point, but I want to write more blog posts so I’m able to relive old memories when I’m older. I love writing, and this is a great place to be able to do this.
- This ones a hard one, but I want to read more. The last time I read a book cover to cover was August 2015 when I was on holiday. I find it really hard to pick up a book and read it, so this year I’m aiming to read at least six books that aren’t to do with my degree.
- I will go to a football match with my boyfriend to get him to stop nagging me and finally buy that Chelsea shirt (if you know, you know) – Hmm I wonder who wrote that?
- Take more photographs, have more memories. I started this last year and hopefully I’ll carry it on this year. I always take photographs on my phone but never get round to printing them off, and eventually I end up losing them.
- I want to skydive for charity and I’ve been putting it off for so long, that this year should be the year that it finally happens. Wish me luck!
That’s about it for my goals this year, I really hope I actually achieve at least one of them before the end of this year! Hope everyone has a great year, see you in my next post!